Argan Oil - Moroccan oil is another name for Argan oil and is made from the kernels of the Argan tree fruit that grows almost exclusively in Morocco. This oil is one of the rarest in the world due to the small supply and the limited growing area - hence the high price and the hype.
When applied to hair, Argan oil prevents drying and environmental damage by coating the hair shaft. The oil seals in moisture and smooths fly-aways, making hair more manageable and less prone to breakage from brushing and styling. Argan oil can also help to seal in colorants such as henna and Amla, increasing the length of time between colorings. Rich in Vitamin-E, Argan oil nourishes hair, repairing split ends, and increases hair’s shine and overall healthy appearance.
The therapeutic properties of Argan oil are quite diverse and manifold. This makes the oil suitable for cosmetic purposes. However, it is important to note the powerful medicinal properties of the edible hand pressed oil.
- Emollient – It is a good moisturizer.
- Cicatrizant – It is a good wound healer.
- Anti-Sebum – A study has found out that applying cosmetic grade (topical) Argan oil twice daily for a month reduces the amount of sebum ( the natural skin oil ). As a result, oiliness and acne can be suppressed naturally.
- Anti-aging – Applying Argan oil regularly on the skin can help to keep skin strong and healthy.
- Antioxidant – It is a good antioxidant and reduces free radical damage both externally and internally.